Welcome to the online home of the Dutchess County Board of Elections.
Dutchess County Commissioners
|Erik J. Haight, Commissioner (R)|
|Elizabeth A. Soto, Commissioner (D)|
This website will assist voters, candidates, citizens, news media, academics and many others that have a need or a desire to be part of the elections process. Below we list the just a few of the responsibilities, mission and quick contact information of the Dutchess County Board of Elections.
The Dutchess County Board of elections is responsible for:
- Voter registration, outreach and processing
- Maintain and update voter record
- Processing and verification of petitions/documents for political and party offices
- Campaign finance disclosures of candidates and campaign committees
- Recruiting, training and certification of election officials
- Operation of poll site locations
- Ensure each voter their right to vote at the polls or by absentee ballot
- Canvassing and certification of the vote
- Voter education, notification and dissemination of election information
- Preparation of maps of various political subdivisions
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601
Main Telephone: 845-486-2473
Electronic mail for General Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most records maintained by the Dutchess County Board of Elections are available for public access on this website. Other records, except those exempted from public access by law, are available by request or for examination and copying in the public review areas of the Dutchess County Board of Elections on regular business days. When requested, paper copies will be made by this agency at a charge of $ .25 per page. CDs of information are available at a charge of $10.00.
NYS Election Law Sec 3-103(5) prohibits using information derived from voter registration records for non-election purposes.
The FOIL (Freedom of information request) form is here.